Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Who busted the pool ?

On today's agenda, I expected to spend the day laying out in the beautiful sun, with a crisp glass of moscato by my side. I made a big West Virginia breakfast which consisted of a bunch of unhealthy but yummy maple smoked bacon, and egg omlets with homemade buttermilk biscuits. I gave my children the pool talk.... No jumping, no diving, and no screaming. (We live in a old community, I don't want my neighbors to have heart attacks) I then gathered up our swimming essentials and headed outside. The pool with its bright blue aurora was calling our names... Until the closer I walked the wetter the grass was.... I didn't think for a second that it could possible be our pool leaking.... Low and behold I walked closer and seen that the water level was so low the pump was running dry.... Guess what I found in the side of the pool, a 2in gash and the weapon of evidence was left at the side of the pool. A very very very sharp stick. Don't ask me how, or why such a thing could happen. Then came the confession "We were playing Temple Warriors and B ran into the pool, gouging a hole in it...... I had to pick my jaw off the ground. So, I calmly walked back into the house, making my way to yellow pages... I was told it would be better for us to buy a brand new one. So there's my day, a pool gone to temple warriors... Children.. I don't know what I do without them. Kids have taught me some valuable lessons about life. Buy the cheapest toy cause they could tear apart a army tank if needed. I informed my DH (Darling Hubby) and he was not thrilled to say the least, the kids asked if he was buying another and he informed them he was not. I don't know who was more upset me or the kids... But that's the story of life I guess. You live and learn. Xoxo Hope
This was the face, when I told him the pool was gone.... LOL with some effects

No comments:

Post a Comment