Monday, June 10, 2013

Yard Sale Up Do !

I drove by a yard sale this morning and spotted this beautiful little glider chair, I immediately put the brakes on my paddy wagon and went to haggle. As I walked up the drive I spotted several things that I could re-do and make something magical out of, but out of the corner of my eye I see my husband starring me down, I quickly started walking faster and dealing quickly, for he was waiting on his Waffle House breakfast. The very nice women sold it to me for 2.00. Oh ! I was thrilled I couldn't hardly sit through breakfast with my darling hubby, I had so many thoughts spinning in my mind. Scrappy Random Up Do is what I wanted, I consulted with my professional helpers ( my children ) and they went through my fabric scraps and dug out what they wanted. I whipped this treasure up in 2 hours, minus lunch and several breaks for monopoly it was finished ! Ms. G ( my daughter ) requested a pillow to set on the back, so we  did that to ! I had to fix the arm with some gorilla glue but nothing that I had to enlist the big tools for. Maybe another day... So here is my tutorial for SCRAPPY RANDOM UP DO.


                                                  Here's the Chair.... It needs some TLC



I then consulted with my professional helpers.

They picked out a bunch of fabric scraps.

I took my fabric scraps are starting cutting them in 2in to 4in strips

I cut as many as I needed and layed them over the cushion to see how much fabric I would need, I allowed a 2 in seam to all sides. 
 
I then did the same for the bottom, the pattern was already provided by taking off the previous cover-up.

I sewed it up and this is my finished project ! 
I wasn't worried about it being straight, because it's for my kids just they way they wanted.
I made a optional pillow for my daughter at her request from more scraps and attached it with lace. 
Nothing Fancy and nothing hard. 















No comments:

Post a Comment